West Barn barn conversion
TOWTHORPE, NEAR MALTON
The final of the three barn conversions set to the west of the plot, this time as a three bed, completed to a very high standard and packed with character, not to mention the incredible 180 degree panoramic views from the lounge and master bedroom.
Luxurious period barn and outbuildings in the high Wolds offering rapid access to town and city.
Kitchen dining room, 2 reception rooms, boot room, wc. 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (1 en suite and 1 Jack & Jill)
Landscaped gardens, courtyard garden, private drive, double garage, car port
West Barn, Manor Farm, Towthorpe, near Malton, East Riding of Yorkshire YO25 3HD
West Barn nestles at the far western corner of this hamlet with its corner setting providing panoramic views from the principal rooms and garden. The building itself is ambitious in its design and construction, and its outlook across the rolling countryside of the Wolds equals any view in the county. A beautiful period barn conversion it has been exquisitely enhanced and renovated, and now offers luxurious accommodation with outbuildings, gardens and superb hard landscaping and gardens all round. It has the great advantage of a quiet, rural location connected to a superb East Riding road system that gives rapid access to York, Malton, Driffield, Hull and even Leeds.
• Large and impressive corner property amounting to more than 2400 sq ft
• Re-conditioned original exterior brickwork sits alongside contemporary zinc cladding to create a superb modern aesthetic
• Magnificent outlook from the principal rooms and master bedroom
• Fabulous landscaped gardens and far-reaching rural views
West Barn is currently in the process of renovation and, upon completion, the finish, fixtures and fittings will be as outlined below:-
• Smart contemporary interiors with exposed chalk & brickwork, deep sills, vaulted ceilings and exposed rustic beams that draw the eye to the building’s heritage
• High tech finish: underfloor heating throughout the ground floor, zoned heating (5 zones), column radiators on the first floor, smart lighting
• Superb flooring: herringbone oak floors, ceramic tiles in the kitchen
• Custom made oak staircase with glazed panels
• A combination of contemporary aluminium windows and oak windows, sliding doors facing west to the garden
• High spec bathroom fixtures and fittings: Imperial, The Cast Iron Bath company, Porcelanosa
From the country lane a private car port (electric gates) gives access to the large courtyard and double garage. A gravelled drive sweeps the length of the property where there is ample parking for multiple vehicles and a turning area. Original exterior granary steps provide alternative access to a glazed door on the first floor of the house. This large courtyard is surrounded by a six foot boundary wall with coping stones, providing privacy and shelter.
The large rear garden is part walled with a generous lawned area and paved terrace. Extensive green lawns, scattered with young trees, descend gently from the house providing uninterrupted panoramic views across the rolling fields and pastures of the Wolds. The whole is bounded on all sides by a timber fence and a high boundary wall.
Sledmere 4 miles, Malton and Driffield 10 miles/15 minutes, Beverley 18 miles, York 22 miles/40 minutes, Vangarde/ Monks Cross Shopping Centre 30 minutes, Hull 26 miles/40 minutes. (Distances and times approximate)
Services: Mains electricity and water, private drainage. Oil fired central heating.
Fixtures & fittings: Items mentioned in these particulars are included. Others may be made available separately.
Local authority: East Riding of Yorkshire – www.eastriding.gov.uk 01482 393939
Directions: From Malton on the B1248 Malton to Beverley road, high on the hill between Wharram le Street and Fimber roundabout, take a left turn where you see the signpost to Towthorpe (and a Blenkin & Co For Sale board). After about half a mile down the lane take a left and you will see West Barn on your right hand side.