TOWTHORPE, NEAR MALTON
Spectacular spacious barn conversion finished to an impeccably high standard with the same incredible breath taking views across the Yorkshire Wolds.
Luxurious period barn and outbuildings in the high Wolds offering rapid access to town and city.
2 reception rooms, kitchen dining room, pantry, utility room
4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (2 en suites)
Landscaped gardens, private courtyard with drive, double garage, car port
North Barn, Manor Farm, Towthorpe, near Malton, East Riding of Yorkshire YO25 3HD
This detached barn conversion is surely unrivalled in the ambition of its design and construction, and the magnificence of it setting. Its outlook across the high Wolds – enjoyed from all the principal rooms – matches any in the county. A beautiful period building, North Barn has been exquisitely enhanced and renovated, and now offers luxurious accommodation with outbuildings, gardens and superb landscaping all round. It also has the great advantage of a quiet, rural location connected to a superb East Riding road system offering rapid access to York, Malton, Driffield, Hull and even Leeds.
• Large and impressive property amounting to more than 3300 sq ft
• Re-conditioned original exterior brickwork sits alongside contemporary zinc cladding to create a superb modern aesthetic
• Smart contemporary interiors with exposed chalk & brickwork, deep sills, vaulted ceilings and exposed rustic beams that draw the eye to the building’s heritage
• High tech finish: underfloor heating throughout the ground floor, zoned heating (5 zones), large wood-burning Parkray stove in the drawing room, column radiators on the first floor, smart lighting
• Superb flooring: herringbone oak floor, ceramic tiles in the kitchen
• Custom made oak staircase with glazed panels
• Contemporary fitted kitchen with a 2020 new Slate coloured 4-oven Aga, Siemens appliances, American larder fridge freezer and Corian worktops
• Ample storage options include a particularly well designed pantry and separate utility room
• Aluminium windows, oak wood windows and bi-fold doors to the garden terrace
• High spec bathroom fixtures and fittings: Imperial, The Cast Iron Bath company, Porcelanosa
• Magnificent views from the principal rooms on both floors
From the country lane a private car port (electric gates) gives access to the large courtyard garden with double garage. Here the gravelled drive sweeps alongside the length of the house, providing ample parking and turning. Here there is a paved and sheltered, south facing terrace ideal for al fresco dining, as well as an abundantly planted herbaceous border. All is encircled by an attractive high brick wall with coping stones that arcs around the western boundary.
The large and broad rear garden sits directly behind the property. Accessed directly from the house, the elevated York stone terrace is edged with clipped box hedging and the formal lawned garden are framed with parkland railings and scattered with newly planted trees Wide stone steps lead down to the extensive area of lawn that descends gently from the house providing uninterrupted panoramic views across the rolling hills, fields and pastures of the Wolds. The whole is bounded by a high sculpted wall with coping stones on two sides of the property and a timber fence.
Sledmere 4 miles, Malton and Driffield 10 miles/15 minutes, Beverley 18 miles, York 22 miles/40 minutes, Vangarde/ Monks Cross Shopping Centre 30 minutes, Hull 26 miles/40 minutes. (Distances and times approximate)
Services: Main electricity and water, private drainage. Oil fired central heating.
Fixtures & fittings: Items mentioned in these particulars are included. Others may be made available separately.
Local authority: East Riding of Yorkshire – www.eastriding.gov.uk 01482 393939
Directions: From Malton on the B1248 Malton to Beverley road, high on the hill between Wharram le Street and Fimber roundabout, take a left turn where you see the signpost to Towthorpe (and a Blenkin & Co For Sale board). After about half a mile down the lane take a left and you will see North Barn on your right hand side.
Photographs and particulars: August 2020